Instant Rabri, Quick Rabdi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 245 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 97029 times
This is an instant recipe that uses bread to thicken the rabri almost instantly. It reduces the time and energy we spend laboriously stirring the milk till it thickens, it is also lower in fat content.
Many Traditional Indian Favourites like Gulab Jamun , Jalebi and Malpuas taste awesome when eaten topped with rabri.
Add your private note
Instant Rabri, Quick Rabdi recipe - How to make Instant Rabri, Quick Rabdi
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Remove the crusts of the bread slices and discard. Grind the bread slices in a food processor to make fresh bread crumbs and keep aside.
- Bring the milk to boil in a broad non-stick pan.
- Add the fresh bread crumbs, sugar and condensed milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for approx. 8 to 10 minutes, while stirring continuously and scrapping the sides of the pan.
- Allow it to cool completely and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Serve chilled garnished with cardamom powder.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.