Cored Apples with Kesar and Rabdi ( Eggless Desserts Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6050 times
Cored apples with kesar and rabdi is a delight to the eyes and the taste buds. Here, stewed apple rings are soaked in perfect sugary saffron syrup and topped with fresh rabdi and pistachios. Indeed, the flavours and scents of saffron and thickened milk complement the apple rings very well.
- Warm the saffron in a small vessel, add the milk and rub until the saffron dissolves. Keep aside.
- Combine the sugar with 1 cup of water in a non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till the sugar melts completely.
- Add the saffron-milk mixture and rose water, mix well and simmer for a minute. Keep aside.
- Combine the hot rabdi and bread crumbs in a bowl and mix well till it thickens. Keep aside.
- Place the apple rings in the sugar syrup and cook for 1 minute, taking care to ensure that the apple rings do not break.
- Place the apple rings on a serving dish and pour the remaining sugar syrup and rabdi evenly over it.
- Serve immediately garnished with cardamom powder, pistachios and rose petals.
- Use very firm apples otherwise they tend to break while cooking. Handle them very gently, preferably using a slotted spoon.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.