Green Dal Fry
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 99 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29386 times
Bored of the simple dal fry recipe? here’s a variation you’ll be tempted to try out. Moong and toovar dal are boiled together and then cooked with a wonderful fresh paste of coriander, coconut, ginger, chillies and more. Your family will relish the different taste.
- Combine all the ingredients and grind in a mixer to a coarse paste adding a little water if required. Keep aside.
- Clean, wash and soak the dals in enough water for about 30 to 45 minutes. Drain well.
- Combine the soaked dals, 1 cup of water, salt, turmeric powder, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the prepared green paste and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the prepared cooked dal, 3/4 cup of hot water and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
RECIPE SOURCE : Dals
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.