Whole Wheat Carrot and Raisin Muffins Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 3117 times
Yummy muffins that are pretty to look at, and super tasty to munch on! Carrot gives these muffins a beautiful hue and an irresistible mouth-feel, while the juicy raisins are amazing to bite into every now and then. Adding whole wheat flour and bran to the batter gives the muffins a wonderful texture, unique flavour and a dash of good health too. Make sure you use brown sugar to make these muffins because they give a superb aroma when baked, and complement the vanilla flavour beautifully. If you are making the Whole Wheat Carrot and Raisin Muffins for toddlers, you can bake the batter in small paper cups instead of muffin moulds.
Recipe Description for Whole Wheat Carrot and Raisin Muffins ( Finger Foods For Kids )
- Combine the wheat flour, plain flour, wheat bran, raisin, carrots and baking powder in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the butter, milk, brown sugar and vanilla essence in another deep bowl and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture and mix well using a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Add the fruit salt and mix gently.
- Place 9 paper cups in 9 muffin moulds of a muffin tray.
- Drop 1½ spoonfuls of the batter into each muffin moulds.
- Sprinkle a little of brown sugar on top and place a raisin in the center of each muffin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 to 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool slightly and serve.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.