Thandai Mousse Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 17017 times
Here is a mousse with a desi dimension to it! thandai mousse would be appropriate for occasions like holi and other indian festivals or get-togethers. The rich ingredients like almonds, khus-khus and cardamom that are present in the thandai syrup give a slightly spicy touch to this mousse. This recipe uses readymade thandai syrup, but in rajasthan, the spices are ground freshly using a mortar and pestle every time thandai is made.
Recipe Description for Thandai Mousse ( Mousses Recipe)
- Combine the agar-agar, 1/2 cup of water and milk in a deep pan and bring to boil, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar and thandai syrup, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame and strain the mixture using a sieve.
- Transfer the mixture into a steel bowl and place the bowl in a deep vessel filled with ice-cubes for 8 to 10 minutes or until the mixture cools and thickens. Whisk the mixture vigorously and continuously till it is in ice-cube vessel to avoid any lump formation.
- Add the beaten whipped cream and fold gently.
- Add the lemon juice and fold gently.
- Pour equal quantities of the mixture into 2 individual bowls / glasses and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours or till the mousse sets.
- Garnish with pistachios and saffron and serve chilled
See step by step images of Thandai Mousse ( Mousses Recipe)
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.