Thai Green Rice Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 9641 times
A colourful rice preparation with a refreshing flavour, the Thai Green Rice has strong hints of lemon grass and mint. Since it does not involve boiling vegetables, it can be tossed up quite soon -- you just need to spare enough time for the rice to cook, and voila a delectable meal is ready on the table! Serve hot with a side dish or just some tangy sauce.
Recipe Description for Thai Green Rice
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the bayleaf and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the rice, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 1¾ cups of hot water, salt, lemon grass bunch (tied with a thread), mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till the rice is 95% cooked.
- Remove the lemon grass bunch and discard it.
- Add the mint leaves, basil, coriander, green chillies and coconut milk and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve imediately.
See step by step images of Thai Green Rice Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.