Sweet Corn and Capsicum Soup Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 8692 times
A typical mexican smoky flavoured capsicum and sweet corn soup.
Recipe Description for Sweet Corn and Capsicum Soup ( Mexican)
- Brush little oil on the capsicum, pierce the capsicum with a fork and hold over an flame until the skin blackens.
- Immerse the capsicum in cold water, remove the skin, stem and seeds and chop it finely.
- Combine the sweet corn kernels, milk and ¾ cup of water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the roasted and chopped capsicum, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared corn mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add ½ cup of water, prepared cornflour-water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for more 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the pepper powder and mix well.
- Serve hot.
See step by step images of Sweet Corn and Capsicum Soup ( Mexican) Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.