Sprouted Vaal ki Usal Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 4873 times
A traditional Maharashtrian preparation made healthier using sprouted vaal. Apart from boosting the nutrient content, sprouting the beans also makes it easier to digest, making this a dish suitable for young and old alike. With many a flavourful ingredient, this iron-rich Sprouted Vaal ki Usal is a treat for your taste buds. Moreover, the use of kokum and jaggery in the preparation not only ensures a super tangy flavour, but also increases the iron content. A thoughtful addition of vitamin C rich coriander improves the absorption of iron.
Recipe Description for Sprouted Vaal ki Usal
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, curry leaves and ginger and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the sprouted vaal, 1½ cups of water, turmeric powder, chilli powder, kokum, jaggery and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes,while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.