Spinach and Yogurt Flat Bread Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 610 times
A dashing, bread-based appetizer, which wins your heart with its visual and culinary appeal. Pick a flat bread like pita or naan for this creation. The bread is baked with a layer of garlicky curd and another layer of spinach. Before serving, it is garnished with dry roasted sesame and coconut, which give the dish an irresistible aroma and interesting crunch. Cut the Spinach and Yoghurt Flat Bread into handily sized portions and serve immediately.
Recipe Description for Spinach and Yogurt Flat Bread
- Place 2 flat breads on a baking tray, brush it with olive oil and sprinkle little sea salt over them. Turn the flat breads over and brush the other side with olive oil.
- Bake them in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 8 to 10 minutes or till the edges turn a little brown in colour. Keep aside.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 with the remaining 2 flat breads.
- Heat a broad non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and dry roast on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the sesame seeds and coconut and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Transfer this into a deep bowl, add ½ tsp of salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- Place a garlic clove on a flat surface, sprinkle the remaining ½ tsp of salt over it and mash it lightly with the side of a knife. Chop it and again mash it with a knife till it turns smooth.
- Add the mashed garlic to the curds and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine the spinach, 2 tsp of olive oil and salt in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Place 2 baked flat breads on a baking tray and spread ¼ th of the garlic-curd mixture evenly over it. Put ¼ th of the spinach mixture over it and spread it evenly.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle ¼ th of the sesame–cumin seeds mixture evenly over it and cut into 4 equal portions.
- Repeat steps 10 to 12 to make 2 more flat breads.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.