Sev Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 11700 times
Like green chutney and khajur imli ki chutney, Sev is also an extremely important ingredient in the preparation of chaat items like Bhel, Sev Puri, etc. In fact, if you just top boiled sprouts or grated veggies with Sev, it gives the impression of a chaat item; that is how closely it is related to the chaat family! Interestingly, this ever popular savoury is made with minimal ingredients and a simple procedure, which you can easily master with just a little bit of practice. So, here we show you how...
Recipe Description for Sev
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl with approx. ¼ cup of water, mix well and knead into a soft dough. Keep aside.
- Grease the sev "press" mould with little oil, transfer the dough into it, press it properly and cover it with the lid.
- Press out thin strands of the sev into the hot oil, a few at a time and deep-fry on a slow flame till it turns very light brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Repeat step 3 to deep-fry the remaining sev in 3 more batches.
- Keep aside to cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the sev into a deep bowl and break into pieces using your fingers.
- Store in an air-tight container and use as required.
- At step 1, while kneading the dough if you feel that the dough is too sticky, grease your hands with little oil and continue kneading. This will prevent the dough from sticking to your hands.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.