Schezwan Fried Rice Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 5371 times
Originating from the Sichuan province of China, Schezuan cuisine is characterised by bold flavours, brought about by pungent ingredients like garlic and chillies. Although the original recipe uses special Sichuan peppers that have a lemony taste, in India Schezuan sauce is prepared using red chillies, vinegar and garlic, and it tastes quite authentic. For those who love the lip-smacking fieriness of Schezuan cuisine, here is a quick and easy Schezuan Fried Rice made with long-grained rice, Schezuan sauce, capsicum and other flavourful ingredients.
Recipe Description for Schezuan Fried Rice, Schezwan Fried Rice
- To make schezuan fried rice, heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan or a wok, add the garlic and ginger and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the spring onions, capsicum, carrot and french beans and sauté on a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the celery, schezuan sauce, soya sauce, vinegar and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chinese rice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve schezuan fried rice immediately garnished with spring onion greens.
See step by step images of Schezuan Fried Rice, Schezwan Fried Rice Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.