Sabudana Kheer, Indian Dessert for Fasting Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 1839 times
Sabudana Kheer, Indian Dessert for Fasting Video. The Sabudana Kheer is a tasty and satiating dessert , ideal to have on fasting days.
Made of sabudana cooked in milk and sweetened with sugar, this kheer has a very rich taste and interesting mouth-feel. As it keeps you full for a long time, sabudana is a popular food for fasting days.
Recipe Description for Sabudana Kheer, Indian Dessert for Fasting
- Combine the sabudana and ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Heat the milk in a deep non-stick pan and boil on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the soaked sabudana, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 12 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, saffron and cardamom powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Switch off the flame and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a small non-stick pan, add the cashewnuts and raisins and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour it over the prepared sabudana kheer and mix well.
- Serve warm or chilled.
See step by step images of Sabudana Kheer, Indian Dessert for Fasting Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.