Rava Toast Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 2509 times
Semolina always lends a nice grainy texture to a dish, and when toasted it gives out a wonderful aroma and a rich flavour. This Rava Toast capitalises on these wonderful qualities of semolina. A mixture of semolina with finely chopped veggies is used as a topping on wheat bread slices, and the whole arrangement is toasted till perfectly crisp. A dash of curds lends a bit of tang to the recipe, and also helps roasting, while a sprinkling of chilli powder adds some spice to this recipe.
Recipe Description for Rava Toast, Sooji Toast, Tiffin Recipe
- Combine all ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place all the bread slices on a clean, dry surface and spread a portion of the topping evenly over it.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it with little oil. Place 2 open toasts on it with the topping side facing downwards and cook it on a medium flame using a little oil, till the topping turns golden brown in colour.
- Turnover and cook on the other side till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Cut each toasts diagonally into 2 equal pieces.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to cook 2 more toasts.
- Serve immediately or cool completely and pack in a tiffin box.
See step by step images of Rava Toast, Sooji Toast, Tiffin Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.