Punjabi Kadhi Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 17517 times
Punjab has its own Punjabi Kadhi. A preparation of curds, besan, onions and masalas makes the Punjabi Kadhi ready in a jiffy.
Recipe Description for Punjabi Kadhi ( Punjabi Khana )
- To make the Punjabi kadhi, whisk the curds and besan in a bowl till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, curry leaves and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a minute.
- Add the onions and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the curds-besan mixture, 1½ cups of water and turmeric powder, mix well and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the salt and green chillies and simmer the on a slow flame for more 8 to 10 minutes or till the Punjabi kadhi thickens.
- Serve the Punjabi kadhi hot garnished with coriander.
See step by step images of Punjabi Kadhi ( Punjabi Khana ) Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.