Pudina Naan Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 4187 times
The all-time tandoori favourite, now ready to make in your own kitchen, and that too using readily available ingredients! Perked up with a delectable phudina paste made of mint, cumin and other ingredients, naan turns into an appetizingly coloured dish with an attractive flavour. Use butter rather than oil to brush the Phudina Naan while cooking, in order to get a rich aroma and ideal texture.
Recipe Description for Pudina Naan, Phudina Naan, Mint Naan Recipe
- Combine the yeast, sugar and 5 tbsp of lukewarm water in a bowl, mix gently and cover with a lid and keep aside for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Combine the plain flour, yeast-sugar mixture, phudin paste, oil and salt and in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using little water.
- Cover the dough with a lid or wet muslin cloth and allow it prove till it increases in volume slightly (approx. 30 minutes).
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Press a portion of the dough flat on a rolling board and roll out into an oblong of 125 mm. (5") using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and place the naan, cook it on one side till it puffs slightly and then turn over.
- Cook it on the other side till it puffs a little and then roast it on an open flame till it turns golden brown from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 5 to 7 to make 5 more naans.
- Brush each naan with a little melted butter and serve immediately.
See step by step images of Pudina Naan, Phudina Naan, Mint Naan Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.