Poha Cutlets Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 15592 times
Beaten rice (poha) is made in an iron pounder that contributes for its iron content. No wonder these yummy cutlets are packed with the richness of iron! Combination of iron rich ingredients like poha, spinach and moong dal makes it a very healthy and nutritious snack Addition of lemon juice also helps in absorption of iron.
Recipe Description for Poha Cutlet ( Iron Rich )
- Place the beaten rice in a sieve and hold it under running water for a few seconds. Keep aside for 2 minutes for the water to drain out completely.
- Soak the moong dal in enough water in a deep bowl for about an hour.
- Drain, add the beaten rice and green chillies and grind to a coarse paste, without using any water.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add the spinach, coriander, sugar, lemon juice and salt and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions and shape each portion into 50 mm. (2”) diameter flat, round cutlet.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), grease it using 1 tsp of oil, and cook 5 cutlets using 1 tsp of oil till they turn brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat step 6 to make 1 more batch of 5 cutlets.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup or healthy green chutney.
See step by step images of Poha Cutlet ( Iron Rich ) Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.