Pineapple Sponge Cake Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 5647 times
This delectably spongy cake dotted with chunks of canned pineapple is perfect to be decorated elaborately, to be served as such with tea, or with a topping of ice-cream for dessert. This Pineapple Sponge Cake derives part of its intense flavour from pineapple syrup and partly from condensed milk. You will find it richer, more colourful and tastier than plain sponges, which is what makes it fit to be served right out of the oven without any frills!
Recipe Description for Pineapple Sponge Cake
- Sieve the plain flour, baking powder and baking soda together in a deep bowl and keep aside.
- Grease a 175 mm. (7”) cake tin with melted butter, dust it with plain flour and sift to ensure uniform distribution of the flour. Shake and remove the excess flour. Keep aside
- Combine the condensed milk, melted butter and vanilla essence in a deep bowl and mix well using a spatula.
- Add the sieved flour mixture and canned pineapple and mix gently with the help of a spatula.
- Add the canned pineapple syrup and fold gently. The batter should be of dropping consistency.
- Pour the batter into a greased and dusted 175 mm. (7”) diameter cake tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 35 to 40 minutes.
- The cake is ready when it leaves the sides of the tin and is springy to touch.
- Keep aside to cool slightly. Once cooled, invert the tin over a rack and tap sharply to unmould the cake.
- Cut into pieces and serve.
See step by step images of Pineapple Sponge Cake Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.