Pasta with Chunky Tomato Sauce ( Microwave Recipes)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 162 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29217 times
Farfalle (bow-shaped pasta) tossed in a tomato basil sauce makes a quick and delicious snack to kids. You may use any other pasta if the bow shaped one is not available. The time taken to cook will differ with the different shapes and sizes of the paste.
- Make a criss cross slit on each tomato and place in a microwave safe plate and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Place them in a bowl of cold water and keep aside for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Peel and quarter the tomatoes into 6 to 8 pieces. Remove and discard the seeds and keep the tomatoes aside.
- In a medium sized microwave safe bowl, heat 1½ cups of water for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil and the pasta and microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring once in between.
- Drain and pour cold water over the pasta to arrest cooking. Drain and keep aside.
- Add the tomatoes and microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Add the basil, salt, pepper and microwave on high for 2 more minutes.
- Add the cream and sugar and mix well.
- Just before serving, add the pasta mix well and microwave on high for 1 more minute.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||504.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||34.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||37.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.