Paneer Pasanda Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 1394 times
What makes this Indian cottage cheese preparation very special is the use of two onion pastes. One is a mixture of cooked onions with cashews, which imparts a unique creaminess to the Paneer Pasanda; and the other is a brown onion paste, which imparts a very rich and intense flavour to it. Ideal to be served at parties, the Paneer Pasanda is a wonderful accompaniment for all types of Indian breads as well as rice, especially the mildly flavoured ones.
Recipe Description for Paneer Pasanda ( Subzi Recipe)
- Combine the onions and 1 cup of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, combine the onion mixture, garlic, ginger and cashewnuts and blend it in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, and deep-fry the onions till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, blend them in a mixer using 3 tbsp of water to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onion-cashew paste, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chilli powder and garam masala, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Lower the flame, add the curds, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the brown onion paste, salt and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the paneer, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.