Paneer and Corn Croquettes Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 3067 times
Pockets made of boiled potatoes are stuffed with a luscious paneer and sweet corn mixture and deep-fried to make a really irresistible snack, which can be served with tea, or as a starter or cocktail accompaniment. These mouth-watering Paneer and Corn Croquettes have a desi aura about them, thanks to the use of peppy spice powders like garam masala and amchur. The filling also has a unique, succulent texture because the corn is crushed and the paneer is grated, which makes these ingredients mix and mingle well with each other and with the flavour enhancers. Let each bite of this snack melt in your mouth, and watch your spirits soar high with delight!
Recipe Description for Paneer and Corn Croquettes
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and saute on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the garlic and ginger-green chilli paste and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the crushed sweet corn kernels, dry mango powder, garam masala and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Switch off the flame, add the paneer and cheese and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix very well. Keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 10 equal portions.
- Divide the potato mixture into 10 equal portions.
- Flatten a portion of the potato mixture into a 75 mm. (3") diameter circle and place a portion of the stuffing in the centre.
- Bring together the edges in the centre to seal the stuffing and roll it into an oval shape. Keep aside.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 9 more croquettes.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry, a few croquettes at a time on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup and green chutney.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.