Onion Uttapa Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 18763 times
Uttapa deserves to be called the indian pizza as it lends itself to several toppings, the most popular being crisp cooked onions. You may also try other combinations such as onion and tomatoes. Usually vendors spread the topping over the uthappam batter and press it in well with their wet fingers. But, to avoid hurting your fingers, use a spatula if you're a novice!
Recipe Description for Onion Uttapa, Onion Uttapam
- Combine the dosa batter with little water and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on it (it should sizzle immediately) and wipe off using a piece of cloth.
- Pour ¾ cup of the batter on the tava (griddle), spread in a circular motion to make a 150 mm. (6") thick uttapa and cook on a medium flame for a minute.
- Add 1 tsp of butter in the centre, smear evenly and cook for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp onions, 1 tsp coriander, ½ tsp of green chillies and ¼ tsp of garam masala over it.
- Turn over and cook on the other side till it turns light brown in colour.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more uttapas.
- Serve immediately with sambhar, coconut chutney and green garlic chutney.
See step by step images of Onion Uttapa, Onion Uttapam Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.