Oats Rava Idli Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 2213 times
Idlis are a breakfast favourite even outside South India. Fibre rich oats and rava combine to make delicious instant idlis that you can enjoy fresh off the steamer with sambhar and chutney.
Recipe Description for Oats Rava Idli
- Combine the oats flour, semolina, curds and ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well. Cover with a lid and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat the ghee in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the cumin seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add this tempering and the remaining ingredients, except the fruit salt to the prepared oats-semolina batter and mix well.
- Just before steaming, add the fruit salt to the batter and pour 2 tsp of water over it.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Put a little batter into each of the greased idli mould and steam in a steamer for 7 to 8 minutes or till the idlis are cooked.
- Cool slightly, demould and serve immediately with sambhar and coconut chutney.
- To make ½ cup of oats flour, blend ½ cup of quick cooking rolled oats in a mixer to a fine powder.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.