Mixed Vegetable Open Hot Dog Roll Video by Tarla dalal
Viewed 15712 times
Loads of fibre and vitamin-rich veggies and low-fat butter go into these sandwiches with a difference. Low in calories, the whole wheat rolls are apt for weight watchers, diabetics and people with heart disease.
Recipe Description for Mixed Vegetable Open Hot Dog Roll
- Cut each hot dog roll horizontally into 2 halves.
- Scoop the centre of each hot dog roll halve, using a spoon so that a light depression is formed for the stuffing. Keep these scooped bread crumbs aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots, baby corn and broccoli and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the scooped bread crumbs, milk, salt and chilli flakes and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Divide the topping into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Apply ¼ tsp of butter on both sides of each hot dog roll halve and toast them lightly on a tava (griddle), till both sides are golden brown in colour.
- Place one toasted hot dog roll half on a clean, dry surface with the scooped side facing upwards. Spread a portion of the topping evenly in the scooped bread. Finally spread 1 tsp of tomato ketchup evenly over it.
- Repeat step 8 to make 3 more open hot dog rolls.
- Serve immediately.
See step by step images of Mixed Vegetable Open Hot Dog Roll Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.