Makai Capsicum Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 8342 times
A tantalizing combo of tender corn and capsicum cooked in milk and tempered with indian spices, makai capsicum cannot really be called a customary gujarati dish, but the younger generation definitely enjoys this off-beat vegetable preparation as it is low on spices and ghee.
Recipe Description for Makai Capsicum ( Gujarati Recipe)
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds and ginger-green chilli paste.
- When the seeds crackle, add the flour and sauté on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the corn and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the milk gradually, while stirring continuously to avoid the formation of lumps and cook on a slow flame for 4 to 5 more minutes or till the mixture becomes thick.
- Add the sugar, pepper powder and salt and mix well.
- Serve hot.
- You can use a whisk to stir while adding the milk into the vegetables to avoid lumps.
See step by step images of Makai Capsicum ( Gujarati Recipe)
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.