Jhatpat Aloo Roll Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 5898 times
Tasty, sumptuous and convenient to handle, the Jhatpat Aloo Roll is a wonderful dish to send in your kids’ tiffin box, as it stays fresh for at least 5 hours. While we have made it with fresh rotis you can also make use of leftover rotis to make these rolls, because they will regain enough moisture and flavour from the chutney lining and potato stuffing. The potato mixture is also quite unique in that it combines potatoes with bread for volume and an excellent texture. Not only that, the addition of chaat masala, chilli paste, lemon juice, etc., imparts a tongue-tickling flavour to the rolls, making them really irresistible to your kids. You can also alter this recipe to your kids’ liking by including or omitting ingredients like onions and ginger-garlic paste.
Recipe Description for Jhatpat Aloo Roll, Chatpata Potato Roll Recipe
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and roll each portion into a long oblong shape and flatten it.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it with little oil and cook the rolls on it, using a little oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook a roti, on a medium flame, using a little oil or ghee till light brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Place the roti on a clean, dry surface, spread 1½ tsp of khajur imli ki chutney and ½ tsp of green chutney evenly over it.
- Place a roll on one side of the roti, sprinkle ½ tsp of onions and a little chaat masala evenly over it and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make 5 more rolls.
- Allow the rolls to cool completely, wrap in an aluminium foil, and pack in an air-tight tiffin box.
See step by step images of Jhatpat Aloo Roll, Chatpata Potato Roll Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.