Italian Sev puri Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 1254 times
Here is a continental creation, inspired by our all-time favourite street food, the Sev Puri. The Italian Sev Puri is made by serving cream cheese and croutons on a bed of tomato slices and basil leaves. A dash of spices completes the recipe, giving it a tongue-tickling flavour and strong aroma, which taunts you to take a bite. Make sure you serve the Italian Sev Puri immediately on preparation, or else the croutons will get soft and spoil the experience.
Recipe Description for Italian Sev Puri
- Place 9 tomato slices on a serving plate
- Place a basil leaf on each tomato slice.
- Combine the cream cheese mixture and the croutons in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Top 2 tsp of cream cheese-crouton mixture on each basil leaf.
- Sprinkle little ajwain and pepper powder evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 1 to 5 to make one more plate.
- Serve immediately.
- Take 3 bread slices, cut them into very small pieces and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 8 to 10 minutes or till they turn light brown in colour from all the sides. Make sure you stir them occasionally to avoid them from getting burnt in between of baking.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.