· Split yellow gram flour can be is used to make pancakes, Indian fried bread( poories) and even flat breads( chappaties) by mixing the gram flour with wheat flour
· They can also be used to prepare dosa, uttappams, stuffings and pancakes
· The flour can be added to purees and soups to improve the protein content of the recipe.
How to store yellow moong dal flour, peeli moong dal ka atta
Store yellow gram in an air tight container
Health benefits of yellow moong dal flour, peeli moong dal ka atta
· Yellow gram like other lentils and pulses are good source of protein and dietary fiber.
· They are low in fat and rich in B complex vitamins, calcium and potassium
· It is free from the heaviness and tendency to flatulence, which is associated with other pulses.
· Cooked yellow gram flour is a very digestive food for invalid and sick persons. Its regular use during childhood, pregnancy and lactation helps one to get the required nutrition and promote health. The soup made from it is the best article of diet after recovery from acute illness.