Last Updated : Nov 02,2017
Viewed 18750 times
Wheat flakes are similar to corn flakes, but are made of whole wheat and wheat bran. Whole wheat are rolled and made into flakes which helps retain their fibre content along with other vital nutrients. Wheat flakes is a healthy and popular breakfast cereal originally manufactured by Kellogg's through the treatment of whole wheat grains. Wheat flakes re also available in fortified form, where they are fortified with other nutrients like iron, calcium, fibre etc. wheat bran is commonly added to enhance the nutritional value of wheat flakes.
Crushed wheat flakes
Crushed wheat flakes used for making breakfast items or desserts. Take wheat flakes and crush coarsely with your hands.
How to select
Choose from the various brands available in market. Look out for packaging date, seal and any other damage in the packets, as it can hamper the quality of product inside.
• Wheat flakes Chivda, is one very innovative and Healthy crunchy low fat snack.
• Savour the golden crunch of wheat, corn and rice flakes with ice cold milk and reap the benefits of Multi-grain. A Bowl of wheat flakes, with skimmed or whole milk can be tasted great with additions of honey, fruits like banana, strawberry, apple. Nuts can also be added for that crunchy taste.
• The goodness of wheat flakes mixed with walnuts and the sweetness of honey topped with peanut butter makes a deliciously nutty treat that appeals to all ages.
How to Store
Once opened, store it in an air tight container as it may loose its crisp texture. Keep it in dry place as moisture content can also affect the shelf life of wheat flakes.
• Low in fat and a gives you a good satiety.
• A high fiber food, thereby enhancing bowel.
• Children who eat cereal for breakfast are more mentally alert, and less tired than those who do not. A bowl of cereal in the morning will help children maintain a healthy diet, rather than skipping breakfast and eating more fatty, sugary snacks at mid-morning.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.