· There is nothing like fresh wheat sprouts in a salad. Sprouts can be cooked quickly with a dab of Soya sauce and a dash of fresh flax oil to make a delicious meal.
· Sprouts make a pleasant addition to soup as long as they are added a few minutes before turning off the heat.
· Sprouted wheat can be used to prepare breads or can be tossed on any cooked food, such as rice, pasta, and vegetable stir fry dishes.
How to store sprouted wheat, wheat sprouts
Store the sprouts in a cloth bag in refrigerator and use within 3-4 days.
Health benefits of sprouted wheat, wheat sprouts
· Studies show that sprouts have 3 to 5 times the vitamin content of the seed they sprouted from. And as for Vitamin C, sprouts have over 30 times the vitamin C content of the original seed. Wheat grain sprouts have a lot of vitamins and also have a good amount of protein and enzymes.
· By eating wheat sprouts, we also get the benefit of the wheat germ, a rich source of vitamin E (usually removed in flour milling).
· Wheat sprouts are rich in dietary fibre, are live foods with enzymes and an excellent storehouse of nutrients. They should be made an integral part of every body's diet.