· Puffed wheat or murmura is the key ingredient to the mouth watering snack - Indian favourite - Bhel Puri
· It can be also made into chikki with jaggery with the choice of your nuts.
· It is often eaten by itself, roasted with salt and turmeric.
· It can be roasted salted or sweet and sour as desired by one and made much crunchier by addition of shallow fired Cashewnuts or groundnuts, Sev etc.
How to store puffed wheat, wheat kurmura, wheat mamra
Puffed wheat are best stored in an air tight container. It should be kept at room temperature and best consumed within 3 to 4 weeks. Always check on the lid of the container closed properly. Air and Moisture can cause puffed wheat soggy and lose on their crispiness.
Health benefits of puffed wheat, wheat kurmura, wheat mamra
· Puffed wheat is light and dry, ideal for obese people, as it is very low in calories and gives a feeling of fullness.
· Puffed wheat is high in iron and easy to digest
· It is an ideal and flexible snack food anytime.