Maxwell House is a brand of coffee manufactured by a like-named division of Kraft Foods. It is named in honor of the Maxwell House Hotel in Nashville, Tennesee. For many years until the late 1980s it was the largest-selling coffee in the U.S. and is currently (ca. 2007) second behind Folgers, which is manufactured by The J.M. Smucker Co. For more than 100 years, Maxwell House has been America's coffee. For generations, the flavorful aroma and rich taste of Maxwell House coffee has brightened up mornings, energized gatherings and comforted moments. The coffee craftsmen steeped in Maxwell House tradition, carefully blend and roast the coffee beans to high quality standards, as they have for over 100 years. This pride, passion and attention to detail means that every cup has been, and always will be "Good to the Last Drop' or as the recent ad campaign claims 'Good just got Great'.
How to select
Maxwell House coffee is available as Master blends or Regular house blend packs, which are readily available across US.The beans can be brewed as any other coffee beans are. Depending on the color of the roasted beans as perceived by the human eye, they are sold labeled as light, medium light, medium, medium dark, dark, or very dark. Darker roasts are generally smoother, because they have less fiber content and a more sugary flavor. Lighter roasts have more caffeine, resulting in a slight bitterness, and a stronger flavor from aromatic oils and acids otherwise destroyed by longer roasting times.The coffee is available in pillow packs and filter packs in various flavours and sizes. Decaf varieties are also available. Check the expiry date before buying.
· Maxwell House coffee beans must be ground and brewed in order to create a beverage. All methods of preparing coffee require the beans to be ground and mixed with hot water for long enough to extract the flavor, but without boiling for more than an instant.
· Once brewed, Maxwell House coffee may be presented in a variety of ways. Drip-brewed, percolated, or French-pressed/cafetière coffee may be served with no additives or sugar (colloquially known as black) or with milk, cream, or both.
· Maxwell House coffee can be served cold as cold coffee or in espresso based coffee.
How to store
Enemies of storing coffee are air, light, heat and moisture. When you're using pre-packaged coffee pillow packs and filter packs, your coffee is kept fresh until you're ready to brew. They lock out the air, the light, and the moisture. All you need to do is store your coffee at room temperature. Store your Maxwell House coffee beansc in a cool, dark, dry place. And preferably in an opaque, airtight container. Always store the coffee powder in an air-tight container after opening the packet.
· Coffee contains Caffeine, which stimulates the brain cells and gives us instant energy
· Overconsumption of Maxwell House coffee may have harmful impacts like nervous weakness, headache, irritability, depression etc