What is maggi noodles?
Maggi noodles are dried noodles fused with oil, and sold with a packet of flavorings. These noodles are usually eaten after being cooked in boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes or eaten straight from the packet. Just boil the water, add the tastemaker and noodles and your maggi is ready within 2 to 3 minutes.
Maggi tastemaker is the spice that is packed along with maggi noodles. It is a flavour booster.
How to select maggi noodles
Maggi Noodles are available in stores with different flavouring such as chicken, egg, simple masala, curry, dal sambhar, prawn , lemon masala, lemon and chicken, chicken and corn, tom-yam etc. It is also made from wheat flour and sold as atta noodles.
Culinary Uses of maggi noodles in Indian Cooking
1. Everyone has their own versions of transforming these instant noodles. You can even enhance it by adding a myriad of colourful vegetables to make Vegetable Maggi. You can also pack it in a tiffin box for your kid’s lunch break.
2. Masala Maggi
is a zesty version of our classic noodles. It is made by adding a hint of spices and an array of crunchy vegetables which makes it a sumptuous meal. You can serve this tongue-tickling recipe on game nights and movie marathon days.
3. Egg lovers can add a beaten egg or cook a Maggi Veg Omelette by combining cooked noodles with besan, rava and an assortment of veggies and sprouts. Both these alternatives increase the health quotient of the dish.
Substitute puffed rice with pan-roasted Maggi to make this exciting recipe Maggi Bhel
· Maggi noodles are best had piping hot. However, they are excellent when used as a base for snacks. Make upmas, cutlets, bhajjia etc using maggi.
· Maggi noodles cooked with vegetable assortments like carrots, French beans, green peas and capsicum can make a wholesome meal.
· Maggi noodles can also be combined with chicken pieces and scrambled eggs.
· Maggi noodles with fried pieces of paneer also taste excellent.How to store maggi noodles
Maggi noodles can be stored in air-tight containers away from moisture and humidity.