Last Updated : Oct 03,2017
Viewed 21407 times
Horlicks is the name of a company and of a malted milk hot drink, which is claimed to provide energy and certain essential nutrients. It can be served hot or cold, and is usually sweetened with sugar. It is almost always made with warm milk, and ice is added to it if a cold drink is desired. By far, the biggest market for Horlicks is India, where it has traditionally been marketed as 'The Great Family Nourisher.' New products have been developed specifically for India, such as alternative flavors and special - formulations for young children and breast-feeding mothers. Horlicks is available in Original, Light, Extra Light, Malt Chocolate, Vanilla and Amaretto flavors.
As Horlicks is offered in numerous worldwide markets, GlaxoSmithKline manufactures several formulations. These formulations may vary, depending on the specific geographical market.
Junior Horlicks 1-2-3 is a large extension that is specially designed for pre-school children.
Horlicks biscuits - Horlicks is also available in biscuit forms. In 2005, Horlicks Lite was also introduced targeting older consumers and does not contain any cholesterol or added sucrose.
Horlicks Nutribar- In addition, the company has introduced Cereal Bars under the name Horlicks NutriBar exclusively for India.
How to select
Horlicks is available in the market in tetra paks, tins and glass bottles. Check the expiry date and nutritional labeling, before buying.
· Horlicks is most commonly enjoyed as a hot beverage by adding warm water or milk with or without sugar
· Chilled Horlicks can also be prepared by adding ice cubes to the drink.
· Horlicks may be used to prepare smoothies with fruits like bananas or added to your pudding recipe.
· The latest variation is Horlicks ice cream and Horlicks milk shakes with caramel or chocolate chips as garnishings.
How to store
Store the Horlicks in an airtight container and keep it in a cool, dry place.
· Horlicks sold in India has been scientifically designed to help meet the requirements of essential nutrients in children, such as iron and vitamins that aid iron absorption
· Horlicks is a beneficial supplement for children to aid not only their growth, but also enhanced attention and concentration
· Horlicks have long been promoted as a sleep inducing drink
· It is good source of energy and helps to stave off hunger at any time of the day.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.