Last Updated : Sep 29,2017
Viewed 4479 times
Greek dressing is a salad dressing prepared by combination of Greek Feta cheese with lime juice, olive oil, oregano, salt and seasonings. This creamy and flavourful dressing is popular in Greek and European cuisine as a salad dressing. Pour the dressing over the salad and gently turn over with a large spoon or spatula to cover the salad evenly with the dressing. Sprinkle the parsley and mint leaves over the salad for fresh flavour.
Vegetarian dressing without eggs
As the name suggests , the vegetarian dressing is made with cheese or buttermilk as a main ingredient along with olive oil and other seasoning. Red or white wine may also be added in some recipe.
Non-Vegetarian dressing with eggs
A few recipe for Greek dressing use boiled eggs as an ingredient. They are then just added to green salad to make a complete meal.
How to select
The best tasting Greek dressings are typically made at home. While buying packaged/bottled dressings, always check the expiry date and look out for any discoloration or gas formation (bubbles) in the bottle, especially near the tip.
· The primary culinary use of Greek dressing is in Greek cuisine as a salad dressing.
· Add the dressing to green salads, casseroles or just enjoy them with sandwiches and pizzas.
· Greek dressings may also be added on nachos, tacos, tortillas and stir fry vegetables.
· It may be used as a marinade for meats, such as beef, lamb, chicken and fish
How to store
Keep the bottles in a dark cool cupboard for 3 months before using if you can. After opening the seal, keep dressing in the fridge and add a teaspoon to your next dish for its delectable taste.
· Greek dressings are rich in calories, sodium and fat content
· Since they have cheese or eggs as an ingredient, they tend to be high in protein content.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.