Last Updated : Jan 30,2018
Viewed 3380 times
Garlic salt is a flavoured salt used as food seasoning made of a mixture of dried ground garlic and table salt with an anti-caking agent. In its most basic form it is made by combining 3 parts salt and 1 part garlic powder.
How to Select
While buying from market, choose the salt which is crisp and not moist. Make sure to check for expiry date and the packet’s seal. It should not be mistaken with minced garlic, granulated garlic, or garlic powder, which are just ground dried garlic, also sold as spices.
• It enhances the flavour of foods like burgers, pizzas etc.
• They can also be added in marinates of chicken, fish or meat.
• They add a unique flavour to breads and loafs.
• They can also be used a dressing…just sprinkle on tomatoes and salads or on sautéed vegetables.
How to Store
Always store in air-tight container. When made at home, it can be preserved upto a month and when bought from market, it can be preserved upto its expiry date.
• One benefit of garlic salt consumption is reduced serum cholesterol.
• Garlic consumption can decrease harmful LDLs, while raising the levels of beneficial HDL cholesterol.
• Consuming garlic in many forms, including garlic salt, can reduce blood pressure.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.