fried moong dal
Last Updated : Mar 08,2018
Viewed 33134 times
Fried spicy moong daal is one of the favourite snacks that Indians love to munch as a pastime. The soaked dal is deep fried until the colour changes and the beans look crisp. Remove the fried mung dal and spread it over a napkin to soak excess oil. Mix the home made crispy daal with salt (to taste), lemon juice and chaat masala. Fried moong dal is commercially available as Namkeen under various brands like Haldiram, Lehar, etc.
How to select
The moong dal selected should be clean and without any dust, stones, etc. The packaged fried dal should be checked for expiry date and nutritional label.
· Fried moong dal is enjoyed as a sanck with both alcoholoic and non-alcoholic beverages
· Prepare a spicy moong dal chaat by adding chopped onions, tomatoes, chillies, roasted peanuts and lime juice.
· Fried moong dal can be added to any vegetable preparations to add crunchiness.
How to store
Store fried yellow gram in an air tight container.
· Fried gram like other lentils and pulses are good source of protein and dietary fiber
· Since they are deep fried, they tend to be high in fat content and should only be eaten in moderation.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.