Boiled fresh hara chana
To boil fresh hara chana, clean the chana and place them in boiling salted water in a deep pan and cook till they turn soft and tender. Simultaneously, you can also pressure cook the fresh chana till they turn soft. Drain excess water and use as required. Boiled fresh chana can be used in variety of dishes like salads, stir-fries, chaats etc..
• Hara chana can be made into exciting salads and chaats, combined with other veggies and fruits.
• It can be eaten raw or roasted.
• Sauté some in butter or olive oil to soften a little, add a dash of spices of your choice, and enjoy as a simple snack.
• Toss it into stir-fries, sautés, and salads.
• Combine with corn and sometimes green or red bell pepper to make exciting dishes.
chaats using fresh hara chana
hara bhara chaat is a healthy fresh green chana chaat made from green chickpeas, coriander, lemon juice and spices for tempering. Hara chana also known as choliya, harbhara are available in Indian winter only. Make sure you get the shelled fresh hara chana from the market or you will easily spend an hour to remove the shell for obtaining the fresh chana. Also, you can toss in myriad of colorful vegetables to make it more filling.
How to store fresh hara chana, green chick peas
• Refrigerate in a perforated plastic bag for up to three days.
• Store shelled beans, tightly wrapped in plastic, in the refrigerator for up to three days.