fat free refried beans
Last Updated : Jun 06,2018
Viewed 4417 times
Fat free refried beans are usually made of black beans, dried peas, garbanzo beans, kidney beans, lima beans, navy beans , pinto beans or soyabeans. They are generally canned.
How to select
Choose the beans according to your liking. These beans are sold canned , so ensure they are properly sealed and check the expiry date before purchasing.
· Use them in preparation of soups, stews etc.
· Add it to stuffed baked potatoes
· Combine cooked kidney beans with black beans and white beans to make a colorful three bean salad. Mix with tomatoes and scallions and dress with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and black pepper.
· Combine cooked kidney beans with garlic, cumin and chili peppers for a delicious spread that can be used as a dip or sandwich filling.
· Simmer cooked garbanzo beans in a sauce of tomato paste, curry spices, and chopped walnuts and serve this dal-type dish with brown rice.
· The lima beans are great soup beans, especially when added to a soup made of root vegetables such as carrots, turnips, beets,etc.
· Blend cooked lima beans and sweet potatoes together and serve them with bread and other vegetable dish.
· Add cooked and cooled navy beans to a salad of leeks and chard and top with a rosemary vinaigrette.
· Add navy beans to tomato soup.
· Heat pinto beans together with cooked rice. Add cooked chopped vegetables such as carrots, zucchini and tomatoes.
· Replace some of the wheat flour in baked goods recipe with soybean flour and increase the protein content of your cookies, cakes, muffins and breads.
· Add soybeans to vegetable stews and soups.
· Mix sprouted soybeans into salads or use as toppings for sandwiches.
How to store
The cans of beans should be closed tightly after opening it. Ensure they are kept away from moisture and pests. They can be refrigerated for about 5-6 days.
They are a fair source of protein.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.