Cream of Mushroom Soup is used as a staple for many recipes.
· Open the can of mushroom soup and pour it in a pan. Bring the soup to a simmer. You may prefer to dilute it as per your desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste. The same procedure may be followed by placing the pan in a microwave and heating it for a minute or so.
· The soups are often used as a simple base for homemade soups, with the flexibility of adding anything from a few vegetables to eggs, chicken and pasta.
· Mushroom soup gets really useful when you use it as a base for sauces. You can basically use it to make anything from Paneer and mushroom masala to Tuna Casserole to Smothered Chicken. What makes a difference is the amount of dilution and what you use to dilute it (water, milk, chicken stock).
· The Cream of Mushroom soup may be added for rice preparations like mushroom rice, where it is made a bit thinner and mixes superbly with the rice.
How to store canned cream of mushroom soup
Canned cream of mushroom soup should be placed in a cool and dry cupboard. When opened they must be refrigerated in a plastic, glass or ceramic container.
Health benefits of canned cream of mushroom soup
· There are 100 calories, six grams of fat, 870 milligrams of sodium, one gram of sugar and one gram of protein in one serving (half a cup) of canned Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup.
· The nutrient content may vary a bit as per the brand.
· This soup is usually high in sodium and trans fats content. However, the manufactures have come up with low salt and no trans fat versions as well.