canned cream of mushroom soup
Last Updated : Jan 22,2018
Viewed 8473 times
Cream of mushroom soup is a common type of canned soup made from mushrooms. It is one of the most versatile products, which should surely be in your kitchen. Dr. John T. Dorrance, a chemist with the Campbell Soup Company invented condensed soup in 1897. The Campbell Soup Company began producing "Cream of Mushroom Soup" in 1934.
Today, Campbell's Tomato, Cream of Mushroom and Chicken Noodle soups are three of the most popular soups in America.Cream of mushroom soup is often used as a base ingredient in many casseroles and comfort foods. This easy-to-find and inexpensive canned soup forms a main ingredient for thickening gravies, rice casseroles, chicken dishes and can be even relished in itself as hot soup with toasted wheat breads.
It enhances flavor, thickens or thins, and makes superb gravy. Because of its high usability, great shelf life, and cheap price, canned cream of Mushroom soup is quite popular.
How to select
While selecting the canned soup, look carefully at the nutritional labeling and the expiry date. Avoid selecting the cans which are bulging or dented (may cause food poisoning) or if the can appears to be rusted or leaking.
Cream of Mushroom Soup is used as a staple for many recipes.
· Open the can of mushroom soup and pour it in a pan. Bring the soup to a simmer. You may prefer to dilute it as per your desired consistency.Season with salt and pepper to taste. The same procedure may be followed by placing the pan in amicrowave and heating it for aminute or so.
· The soups are often used as a simple base for homemade soups, with the flexibility of adding anything from a few vegetables to eggs, chicken and pasta.
· Mushroom soup gets really useful when you use it as a base for sauces. You can basically use it to make anything from Paneer and mushroom masala to Tuna Casserole to Smothered Chicken. What makes a difference is the amount of dilution and what you use to dilute it (water, milk, chicken stock).
· The Cream of Mushroom soup may be added for rice preparations like mushroom rice, where it is made a bit thinner and mixes superbly with the rice.
How to store
Canned cream of mushroom soup should be placed in a cool and dry cupboard. When opened they must be refrigerated in a plastic, glass or ceramic container.
· There are 100 calories, six grams of fat, 870 milligrams of sodium, one gram of sugar and one gram of protein in one serving (half a cup) of canned Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup.
· The nutrient content may vary a bit as per the brand.
· This soup is usually high in sodium and trans fats content. However, the manufactures have come up with low salt and no trans fat versions as well.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.