Viewed 4793 times
Butter Cubes, as the name suggests, are small cubes of butter. To make butter cubes, take a frozen block of butter and place it on a chopping board. Using a sharp knife, cut it vertically and then start cutting it horizontally into ½-inch cubes. Transfer the cubes immediately into an air-tight container and keep refrigerated. Needless to say, India's consumption of butter, whether in cubed or whole form, is the highest in the world!
How to select
• Readymade butter cubes are available in some brands.
• Otherwise, you can select a block of any type of butter from the market, and make the cubes yourself.
• As it is a perishable item, please check for the manufacturing and expiry dates.
• Butter Cubes are a handy way to serve butter at the breakfast or tea table.
• It is also a convenient way of using butter on-the-go.
• It is ideal for making pies, tarts, scones, and as a final addition to sauces.
• It is used as a spread on bread, toast, scones etc.
• Pre-portioned butter cubes are usually placed as an accompaniment on the breakfast table.
• You can even pack it as an accompaniment for your kids’ snack or lunch.
• Add a cube of butter to jams and sauces at the end of cooking, to prevent foaming and accumulation of scum.
How to store
• Since butter cubes are perishable, they need to be stored under refrigerated conditions.
• Since it has a tendency to easily absorb odours, it must be kept wrapped and away from strongly-flavoured foods.
• Keep away from sunlight as it tends to go rancid faster.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.