Last Updated : Oct 12,2020
Viewed 8397 times
Bikaner is known for this savoury crispy snack. Deep fried bhujia (i.e. vermicelli or sev) is usually made of gram flour but a variety of flours like moong, moath and even mashed potatoes are used to make different kinds of bhujia. A large number of shops all over the country sell Bikaneri bhujia which are as celebrated as the Rasgullas of Bengal. Bikaneri bhujia is spicy - usually black pepper is used to add fire to this preparation. A large quantity of bhujia can be made and stored for several days in air-tight containers.
Bikaneri Bhujia is a popular crispy snack and is prepared by using besan (gram flour) and spices, originating from, Bikaner, a town in the western state of Rajasthan in India. Bikaneri Bhujia is made by making a dough of besan and spices including moth dal, salt, red chilli, pepper, cardamom, cloves, groundnut oil, etc. which is then formed into the snack by pressing it through a sieve and deep frying in vegetable oil.
How to Select
• Once can choose from the various brands available in market.
• Ensure to check the manufacturing and expiry dates before buying the packed bikaneri bhujia from market.
• Make sure the packet is sealed tightly and the bhujia is packed in a vaccum sealed packet to prevent them from moisture.
• While making the bikaneri bhujia at home, ensure the quality of besan and spices are fresh and good.
• Bikaneri Bhujia are a delicious snack all by themselves and can be had at any time of the day when one wants to eat some spicy tangy snack.
• It can also be added to various snacks like bhel, chaat etc. to add some extra punch to certain dishes.
• It can also be added to popular Guajarati vegetable preparation, called as sev and tamatar nu shaak.
• It adds a delicious spicy crunch to variety of chaats like dahi samosa, kachoris, sev puris etc.
How to Store
• Always store the opened bhujia in an air-tight container to prevent them from turning soggy sue to the presence of moisture.
• Unopened packet can be stored till its date of expriy.
• Never the store the bhujia with other strong flavoured snacks as the taste and smell can combine with each other and ruin the taste of either of the savoury snacks.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.