Coconut Rice Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 1295 times
Coconut Rice Video . Rice preparations that highlight a single ingredient like Lemon Rice , Tamarind Rice , Raw Mango Rice or Coconut Rice are more popular in south India than pulaos.
Each of these has a unique flavour, which sets it apart from other rice preparations. Here, in this delectable Coconut Rice recipe, you will be able to savour the satiating texture and nutty flavour of coconut, perked up with a traditional tempering of mustard seeds, dals, etc.
Recipe Description for Coconut Rice, South Indian Coconut Rice
- Heat a small broad non-stick pan, add the sesame seeds and dry roast on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- When cool, blend in a mixer to a coarse powder and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in the deep-non kadhai, add the cashewnuts and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in the same non-stick deep kadhai, add the urad dal and chana dal and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds, red chillies, curry leaves and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared sesame powder, green chillies, coconut, rice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with sautéed cashewnuts.
See step by step images of Coconut Rice, South Indian Coconut Rice Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.