Churros Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 2867 times
Churros are a crunchy snack, prepared by deep-frying stick-shaped pieces of sweetened dough. Churros have a unique, crunchy texture because the plain flour is sweetened with an oily sugar syrup. On deep-frying, this gives the Churros a beautiful texture. When coated with a sweet cinnamon mixture, the Churros become just too heavenly to bite into.
Recipe Description for Churros
- Combine 1¼ cups of water, sugar, oil and salt in a saucepan, mix well and bring to boil on a medium flame. This will take approx. 2 to 3 minutes.
- Switch off the flame, add the plain flour and mix well with the help of a spatula to form a soft dough.
- Transfer the mixture onto a plate and keep aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Knead the dough again for 1 to 2 minutes or till it is smooth.
- Put the dough in piping bag fitted with a star nozzle and pipe out 50 mm. (2”) sized churros on a flat surface.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry 10 to 12 churros at a time on a medium flame till golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Add the churros into the castor sugar-cinnamon mixture and toss well till they are evenly coated with the mixture from all the sides.
- Serve immediately with chocolate sauce.
- At step 5, use a piping bag made of cloth instead of plastic as plastic bag might tear while piping out churros.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.