Cheesy Vegetable Discs Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 6470 times
A delight to behold and a greater delight to bite into, Cheesy Vegetable Discs make a fabulous, eye-catching starter for any party. With two discs of bread seated one above the other, layered with tangy sauces and topped with a yummy, cheesy vegetable mixture, this baked snack is just too exciting. You will experience a burst of flavours and textures when you bite into it, so be prepared for a thrilling experience.
Recipe Description for Cheesy Vegetable Discs
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the coloured capsicum, baby corn and zucchini and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the chilli flakes, dried oregano, salt and chilli sauce, mix well and cook on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Switch off the flame, add the cheese and basil and mix well. Keep aside.
- Place 2 bread slices on a clean, dry surface and cut them into approx. 62 mm. (2½”) diameter round using a cookie cutter or a vati.
- Now cut one round into 50 mm. (2”) diameter round using another cookie cutter or a vati. Only the outer ring is to be used. Discard the centre round.
- Apply a little butter and red chilli sauce on a bread roundel, place the bread ring over it and press it lightly.
- Put a tbsp of the stuffing in the centre depression of the ring and spread it evenly. Apply a little butter on the edges of the bread ring.
- Repeat steps 1 to 4 to make 13 more discs.
- Arrange 7 discs on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 to 12 minutes or till the cheese melts and the discs turn crispy.
- Repeat step 6 to bake 7 more discs.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.