Bhaat na Poodla Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 2766 times
“Waste not, want not,” said the wise old men. Well, if using leftovers was as interesting as this recipe, it would be a pleasure indeed! bhaat na poodla is a wonderful pancake made with mashed leftover rice, which tastes best when cooked patiently till crisp. Coriander, normally treated as a simple garnish, plays a greater role in this recipe as it imparts the dominant flavour and colour.
Recipe Description for Bhaat Na Poodla ( Gujarati Recipe)
- Combine all the ingredients and approx. ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it using little oil.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and press gently with the help of the back of the spoon and spread to make a 100 mm. (4") diameter circle.
- Cook the poodla using a little oil, till both sides turn golden brown in colour.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 9 more poodlas.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tomato ketchup.
See step by step images of Bhaat Na Poodla ( Gujarati Recipe)
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.