Baked Tortilla Chips with Tomato Bean Salsa Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 10750 times
This healthier version of nachos will be any weight watchers delight. With as little as around 100 calories per serving you’ll surely not miss the real thing. Remember it’s an occasional treat only. Crispy baked tortilla chips and the tangy calcium rich tomato bean salsa make for a yummy, healthy treat, to be enjoyed occasionally by weight watchers.
Recipe Description for Baked Tortilla Chips with Tomato Bean Salsa
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 100 mm. (4”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling and lightly cook it on both the sides on a hot non-stick tava (griddle).
- Place it on a flat, dry surface and cut into 4 equal triangular pieces.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 12 more tortilla pieces.
- Place the tortilla pieces on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 7 to 8 minutes or until the tortilla chips turn crisp and light brown in colour. Keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the bayleaves and peppercorns and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for another minute.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato purée and tomato ketchup, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the rajma, sugar, salt, oregano and chilli flakes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Discard the peppercorns and bayleaves from the salsa and keep aside.
- Place 4 tortilla chips on a serving plate and spread a little of the tomato bean salsa evenly over each tortilla chip.
- Repeat step 1 to make 3 more servings.
- Serve immediately garnished with spring onions whites and greens.
See step by step images of Baked Tortilla Chips with Tomato Bean Salsa Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.