Anjeer and Mixed Nut Barfi Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 15156 times
A barfi in one minute, and that too a super-healthy one? Here you go! The Anjeer and Mix Nut Barfi, as the name suggests combines iron-rich and flavourful ingredients like figs, nuts and sesame seeds. A teaspoon of ghee together with saffron and cardamom imparts a rich and magical aroma to this quick barfi, while the sesame seeds imparts a deep flavour to it. The sweetness of figs is balanced well by the husky flavour of the nuts. In all, a super quick and easy treat for your sweet tooth.
Recipe Description for Anjeer and Mixed Nut Barfi
- Soak the dried figs in enough hot water in a bowl for 5 minutes.
- Drain well and blend in a mixer to a smooth mixture without using any water. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the dried fig mixture, walnuts, almonds, pistachios and sesame seeds, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Switch off the flame, add the saffron-milk mixture and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture onto a greased plate and spread it evenly using a flat spoon.
- Cool slightly and cut into 9 equal square-shaped pieces.
- Cool completely and serve or store refrigerated till serving.
See step by step images of Anjeer and Mixed Nut Barfi Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.