by Tarla Dalal
Added to 720 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20141 times
Maize flour tortillas, interlaced with refried beans and lightly sauteed vegetables and topped with a capsicum sauce.
- Combine both the flours, oil and salt.
- Add warm water and knead into a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 3 parts.
- Roll out into 3 chapatis of 175 mm. (7") diameter.
- Cook each chapati lightly on a griddle (tawa) and keep aside.
- Wash and soak the beans overnight. Next day, drain and keep aside.
- Heat the butter and oil and fry the onion for a few minutes.
- Add the garlic and green chillies and saute for a few more minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, cumin powder and salt.
- Stir for a few minutes and add the beans and 1/2 cup of water.
- Pressure cook till the beans are cooked (about 4 to 5 whistles).
- When done, mash lightly.
- Keep aside.
- Heat the oil and stir fry the onion, capsicum, corn kernels and mushrooms till they are soft.
- Add the Tabasco sauce, salt and pepper and mix well. Keep aside.
- Blanch the diced capsicum in a little water.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring continuously.
- Add the capsicum, salt and pepper and keep aside.
- Grease a 200 mm. (8") diameter ovenproof dish with butter.
- Place one tortilla on the bottom of this dish.
- Spread the refried beans over the tortilla. Place another tortilla on top.
- Top with the vegetable layer, the third tortilla and the capsicum sauce.
- Garnish with grated cheese and bake in a preheated oven at 200 degree C (400 degree F) for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- You can make a green or red sauce by blanching the green or red capsicum and liquidising it with the milk and using to make the sauce.
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.