by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 72 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24968 times
Steamed spinach dumplings served with hot tangy tomato sauce and gooey cheese makes an ideal and wholesome mini meal when served with garlic bread or rice. Both tomatoes and spinach are rich in folic acid, an important nutrient that promotes the growth and development of brain cells right from infancy till the brain is completely mature.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide it into small equal-sized portions and shape each portion into a ball.
- Steam in a steamer for 5 to 7 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the garlic and spring onions and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato pulp and simmer till the sauce thickens.
- Add the chilli flakes, chilli powder, tomato purée, salt and ½ cup of water and bring to boil.
- Add the milk, mix well and simmer for a minute. Keep aside.
- Arrange the spinach dumplings in a glass baking dish in an even layer and pour the tomato sauce over it.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºC (400ºF) for 15 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.