Spaghetti with Eggplant Parmigianna
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 157 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16065 times
This famous pasta dish comes from Parma in Italy. Spaghetti tossed in a chilli cream sauce topped with cheese filled eggplants and the famous Italian tomato sauce. It makes a harmonious blend of flavours. When selecting eggplants, look for those that are heavy for their size, and have a smooth, shiny and deep purple skin. Toss the spaghetti in the chilli cream sauce just before serving, as it doesn't taste as good when it is reheated. Warm the dish in an oven if the eggplant slices have turned cold. Enjoy it hot and, of course, freshly prepared.
- Slice the eggplant into 16 slices of 4 mm. thickness. Keep aside.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, mixed herbs and salt in a dry plate and mix well.
- Mix the flour with enough water in a bowl to make a paste of coating consistency.
- Cut each slice of cheese to fit into the eggplant slice.
- Place each portion of the cheese slice and 1 teaspoon of tomato cream sauce in between two eggplant slices.
- Dip each eggplant cheese sandwich into the flour paste and then coat with the bread crumb mixture.
- Press the bread crumbs firmly onto the eggplant slices.
- Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a pan and sauté the garlic and chilli flakes in it for a few seconds.
- Add the milk and cream and bring to a boil.
- Add the spaghetti and salt and toss lightly.
- Add the tomato and mix well. Keep aside.
- Place the chilli cream spaghetti on a large serving plate and top with the eggplant parmagianna.
- Heat the tomato cream sauce and pour on top.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per
|Vitamin A||670.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B3||4 mg|
|Vitamin C||36.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||60.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.